Exporting time-sheets from TimeDock into Ace Payroll
Last updated - Dec 08, 2020 at 8:30AM
Export timesheet file from TimeDock
- Login to your TimeDock account and navigate to Export.
- Choose Ace Payroll from the list of export formats.
- Select your timesheet date range by modifying the From and To filters. You can also choose a different rounding option or filter the exported timesheets by a specific department.
- Choose if you want to create automatic break deductions by changing the settings in the Break Deductions box.
- Choose your department mode for employee matching. N.B. the employee department code must match to the employee department code within Ace Payroll.
- Click Download File to save the timesheet file to your computer. The file name should be kept as IMPORT.TXT and in most cases the file location should be c:\winpay\ (unless the configuration in Ace Payroll has been changed).
Import timesheet file into Ace Payroll
- Open your Ace Payroll application.
- Navigate to Utilities.
- Click on Import Data.
- A screen will appear with instruction on what the filename should be and where it should be located on your computer. Ensure this is correct, and click GO.
- Ace Payroll will scan the file for any errors. If no errors are detected, click GO again to perform the import.