Exporting time-sheets from TimeDock into PaySauce
Last updated - Sep 23, 2022 at 11:15AM
Configure PaySauce for timesheet import
- Login to your PaySauce account and navigate to Apps > Payroll and click on your company name in the top left-hand corner.
- Navigate to Settings > Tagsets and click the + button to add a new tagset.
Create a tagset with the following details.
- Name: Factor.
- Can Tag: Transaction.
- Links With: Payment, Deduction, Timeband.
- Add a tag for your ordinary hours pay code with label ORD and value 1.
- Navigate to Settings > Templates and click the + button to add a new template.
Create a template with the following details.
- Template Type: Timesheet.
- Time Captured: Timeband.
- Allow Narration: Yes.
- Type: Rate and Factor.
- Default Factor: 1.
- Factor Lookup: Factor.
- If you want to include timesheet costings, create additional Tagsets and select these from the template Cost With list.
- Navigate to Employees and assign the timehseet template to each employee's primary payment.
Export timesheet file from TimeDock
- Login to your TimeDock account and navigate to Export.
- Choose PaySauce from the list of export formats.
- Select your timesheet date range by modifying the From and To filters. You can also choose a different rounding option or filter the exported timesheets by a specific department.
- Enter the Factor code for regular hours set up within your PaySauce account.
- If you have timesheet costings configured in PaySauce, optionally choose sources to map to a maximum of two costing Tagsets within PaySauce.
- Choose if you want to create automatic break deductions by changing the settings in the Break Deductions box.
- Click Download File to save the timesheet file to your computer.
Import timesheet file into PaySauce
- Login to your PaySauce account.
- Navigate to Run a Pay and open a New Period.
- In the Processing tab click on the clock button.
- Click on the up arrow button to open the import wizard.
- Follow the steps in the import wizard, ensuring you select the .csv file you downloaded from TimeDock.