Exporting time-sheets from TimeDock into IMS Payroll
Last updated - June 23, 2021 at 9:30AM
Export timesheet file from TimeDock
- Login to your TimeDock account and navigate to Export.
- Choose IMS Payroll from the list of export formats.
- Select your timesheet date range by modifying the From and To filters. You can also choose a different rounding option or filter the exported timesheets by a specific department.
- Enter the code for Ordinary Hours that you have set up in your IMS account.
- Choose how you would like to group employee timesheet hours for display in IMS.
- Choose if you would like to include a days worked line. If selected, a timesheet line will be added for each employee displaying the number of days worked within your selected date range. N.B. please ensure that you're using an IMS code that you've added for this purpose, and the payment rate for that code is $0.
- Choose if you want to create automatic break deductions by changing the settings in the Break Deductions box.
- Choose your department mode for employee matching. N.B. the employee department code must match to the employee department code within Ace Payroll.
- Click Download File to save the timesheet file to your computer.
Import timesheet file into IMS Payroll
- Open your IMS Payroll application.
- Open a new pay run.
- Click on the Timesheets tab.
- Click on Tools > Files Import > Time Import to open the import wizard.
- Leave the file type as CSV (Comma Delimited) and employee matching as Employee Number. Click Next.
- Click on Browse and select the timesheet file you downloaded from TimeDock. Click Next.
- Click Finish to perform the import.
- A window will appear letting you know if the timesheet import was successful or if there were any errors.